Susan writes romance stories from a Christian world view and fantastical middle-grade and young adult fiction for those who love a good adventure.
To find out more about Susan’s upcoming book releases be sure to stay connected by joining her mailing list and visit her events page.
The Farm Girl
They say you can take the girl from the farm, but you can’t take the farm from the girl.
Susan grew up on a dairy farm in central Pennsylvania. She spent most of her summers tossing hay bales and meeting up with cousins where they’d get lost on their horses through the backwoods trails for hours on endless summer days. On weekends, her dad loaded them all up and took them to 4-H shows.
When Susan’s not writing, you can find her crafting and inspiring others to use their talents of creativity. She is a lover of all things handmade and has managed her own handmade book shop on since 2009 here on Etsy.
Wife and Mother
After graduating college with a B.S. in Accounting, this farm girl traded in her horses for a husband. After a few years of juggling taxes, payroll, bookkeeping for small businesses she stepped out of her accounting office and into her mom shoes. Now, with three kiddos to chase after, she embraces the new adventures that occur in marriage and parenthood. All the while, she still finds time to inspire and helping others to share their craft and pursue their passion to make their dream through the challenges of today’s evolving world.
Shorter Bio for Use in Events and Interviews
Susan Lower is a creator of stories filled with horses, heroes, and hope. Growing up watching westerns and riding horses on a dairy farm in central Pennsylvania left plenty of space for a roaming imagination that has spurred inspiration for many of her fictional adventures.
• Saint Davids Christian Writers Association
• Word Weavers International
• Society of Children Book Writers and Illustrators
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Alumni
• Christian Motorcycle Association
• TFA (Teach For America) spouse
• Compassion International
• The Equine Rescue League
• The Waner Children’s Vascular Anomaly Foundation
• Susan answers her own emails and operates all her own social media presence accounts
• Susan like most authors is trying to help provide for her family and from time to time will promote other books and products that will have affiliate relationships. Also understand that if Susan promotes it, she uses and believes in the product or service.
Personal Note From Susan
I get exhausted just reading all this, I can’t imagine you aren’t either. However, you should know, I’m a sweet and friendly person. I love to meet new people and my husband will tell you I’m a talker, so never hesitate to introduce yourself to me when you see me out and about, okay? Unless it’s an extreme emergency, I’ll always find time for you. I promise.